How often do you take action to save money on your monthly bills? If you’re like me, you’d love to save the money on them, but it slips your mind. Or, maybe you don’t like to negotiate. A terrific solution to these issues is a bill negotiation service like BillCutterz.
Bill negotiation companies are growing in popularity of late. They combine technology with the necessary skills to successfully reduce monthly bills.
A common complaint we hear from readers is that it’s difficult or impossible to save money on recurring expenses. While that’s not the case, services like BillCutterz remove much of the work.
Let’s face it. Negotiating for a lower bill isn’t always fun; I know I’m not a fan. However, if you want to know how to save money on your monthly bills, negotiation is often among the best ways to do that.
If you want to keep more money in your budget, but hate negotiating, our BillCutterz review shares how the service can help.
Table of Contents
How Does BillCutterz Work?
BillCutterz is a bill negotiation service that works on your behalf to lower your monthly bills. The service began because the CEO helped a dear friend reduce her bills.
He had such great success with it, that he decided to do the same for others. That was back in 2009.
Since then, the service has helped people cut their bills, some by upwards of 50 percent or more. The service claims they can help users save up to $3,000 per year on their monthly bills.
Here’s how BillCutterz works and what to expect:
- You set up your account and add the bills that you want to reduce. This can include any of the bills listed above and more.
- BillCutterz calls these companies on your behalf to negotiate a better rate for you.
- If they can negotiate a lower rate, you split the savings with them (for 12 months). If they can’t negotiate a better deal, you owe them nothing.
It’s relatively simple and can save you significant time and hassle. Because really, who wants to negotiate with people on the phone?
Setting up your account and uploading your bills can take less than three minutes, depending on how many bills you want them to negotiate for you.
If they do negotiate a lower rate for you, you have the option to pay them back half of the savings every month you save, or all upfront. If you choose the lump sum option, you receive a ten percent discount too.
What Bills Can the App Negotiate?
Every bill negotiation company works a little differently regarding the bills they negotiate. BillCutterz is a bit more expansive than other apps.
Here are just a few of the monthly bills BillCutterz can help you reduce:
- Alarm and security bills
- Cable bills
- Car insurance bills
- Car payments
- Cell phone bills
- Electric bills
- Homeowners insurance
- Satellite radio bills
The service works with companies like AT&T, Comcast, DIRECTV, Dish, Sprint, Time Warner, and more to lower your monthly bills.
Not only does BillCutterz help with your household bills, but they also work with businesses and nonprofits.
Whether you’re trying to cut personal expenses, business expenses, or nonprofit expenses, the service makes it easy to do.
You don’t have to pay anything extra for them to negotiate smaller fees on business bills, either.
While they do retain 50 percent of the savings they win for you, the service is free to use. If they find no opportunity to save, or you don’t want to take advantage of what they find, it’s free.
They Don’t Change Your Coverage
You may be thinking, “Do they save me money because they cut corners and change my coverage”? The answer to that is no.
BillCutterz won’t make any changes to your bills without your approval. The negotiations they make won’t affect your features, plans, or add-ons in any way.
How Much Does BillCutterz Cost?
BillCutterz is free to use. You only incur a fee if the service can secure savings for you. If they’re successful, they retain 50 percent of the savings.
For example, if they negotiate a savings of $500 on your car insurance for the year, you get to save $250, and they keep the other $250.
You’ll pay this over 12 months and stop after the year is up, even if you continue to save money on your bill.
If you choose to pay the $250 upfront to them, they’ll take off a ten percent discount for paying it in full. Doing so could potentially save you even more money. And with the time saved, it’s a win-win for everyone.
Yes, you could do the work on your own. However, if you don’t, then it’s a missed opportunity.
Is BillCutterz Safe?
You may ask yourself, “is BillCutterz legit and safe to use?” Yes, BillCutterz is legit, and they take safety seriously.
The platform uses bank-level 256-bit encryption. In other words, your information is safe and protected on their website.
BillCutterz never shares, rents, or sells your personal information either.
BillCutterz vs. Rocket Money
BillCutterz isn’t the first, or only, money negotiation tool. There are numerous different options out there, including Rocket Money.
They share several similarities, including:
- The ability to negotiate lower prices
- Secure website and communication methods
- The option to pay them back in full or in monthly installments as you save more money
- The service is free unless they negotiate a better rate for you
Rocket Money does have more features than BillCutterz. For example, they allow you to cancel subscriptions, negotiate refunds, and even monitor your area for outages so they can negotiate even more savings.
However, that doesn’t mean BillCutterz isn’t worth trying out. If you’re trying out a negotiation service for the first time, or don’t have many bills to negotiate, BillCutterz is the clear winner for you.
They offer clearly defined services and get things done on time, with saving you money in mind.
Both sercvices only charge you when they negotiate a lower rate on your bills. Rocket Money is a bit cheaper than BillCutterz, as they keep 40 percent of your savings versus the half that BillCutterz retains.
You can read our review of Rocket Money to learn more.
Both platforms are effective and employ similar bill negotiation strategies. Pick the one that works best for you, and you’ll enjoy decent savings.
Trim is another excellent alternative that works similarly to Rocket Money.
Pros & Cons
As with any service, there are always pros and cons. BillCutterz is no exception. However, it does have a lot more pros than cons.
- No extra work on your part. All you have to do is submit the bills you want to lower, and BillCutterz does the rest.
- They don’t charge you unless they negotiate a lower price. This means that you can try them risk-free.
- They can save you thousands of dollars a year. The more bills they can negotiate for you, the more your savings grows.
- They give you a discount to pay in full. I love it when companies do this because it’s an even bigger incentive to pay upfront.
- They’re secure. Between their commitment to providing a secure platform and their ability to negotiate your bills without a bunch of personal information, BillCutterz makes it easy for you to trust them.
- You don’t get any extras. It is a remarkably simple service. So, if you want someone to negotiate your subscriptions, monitor all of your bills, and more, they may not be the company for you. However, for what they are, they’re great.
- Fees are higher than other negotiation companies. BillCutterz does take 50 percent of the money they save you, unlike 40 percent for Rocket Money and 33 percent for Trim. This extra cost could be a con if you’re trying to save as much money as possible.
Overall, the service is a suitable option for those looking to save money.
Overall, BillCutterz is an excellent app to use to save money on your monthly bills. They are reliable, secure, and easy to work with.
As an introvert, I love knowing that I don’t have to call different companies just to save a few bucks every month.
If you’re tired of calling companies and negotiating, or you don’t like calling at all, BillCutterz is a fantastic option for you.
How often do you attempt to negotiate lower prices? What steps do you take regularly to lower your monthly bills? What’s one bill you would love to cut this year?
Kim Suazo has been a freelance writer and business owner for over four years. When she's not writing for Frugal Rules, you can find her on other publications like Chime, Discovery, and Due. She also owns her own websites The Entrepremomer and Part-Time Profit, where she teaches overworked moms how to streamline their new businesses so they can scale without a team.