Free Food Apps: 25 Restaurants Giving Away Free Food
Some of the links in this post are from our sponsors. Read our disclosure to see how we make money.
I love getting free food. Especially when it’s not my birthday, not a holiday, and I can get it without jumping through a lot of hoops. I just use free food apps from restaurants to receive coupons and rewards.
You may not like fast food or quick-service restaurants, but they work in a pinch. If you’re anything like me and like to save money eating out, our guide shares 25 of the best apps that give you free food.
Best Free Food Apps You Need to Download Today
All the platforms on our list offer a free reward, or a discount when you download their app. Some even offer kids eat free nights.
Most of these options require you provide an email address. Use a separate email address to prevent your main inbox from filling up with offers. Here are our favorite apps that give free food.
1. Dairy Queen – While Dairy Queen doesn’t specify what you receive for free, they do provide a gift for downloading their app. In many instances, you can expect a free small Blizzard treat.
You can also order ahead and earn reward points when using the app.
2. Panera – The MyPanera Rewards app gives free rewards to people who become Panera members. It works like the Dairy Queen platform in that you won’t know what you qualify for until you sign up.
However, you do earn a free treat both when you download the app and on your birthday.
3. Papa John’s – Love pizza? Get the chance to receive a free pizza by downloading the Papa John’s app. When you order $75 worth of pizza (doesn’t have to be at the same time), you automatically receive $10 towards your next order.
*Related: Want to get free pizza delivery to your home? Read our guide.*
4. Krispy Kreme – Download the More Smiles app for Krispy Kreme and get a free donut! You’ll also get a free donut for your birthday.
If your family loves donuts, this is a no-brainer.
5. 7-Eleven – When you download the 7-Eleven app, you can choose your first free reward. From there, you earn points on purchases that unlock more rewards.
Plus, you always receive your seventh fountain drink for free.
6. Baskin-Robbins – Receive a free scoop of any flavor ice cream when you download the Baskin-Robbins app. You’ll also regularly earn points on purchases and receive discounts as a member.
7. Chili’s – If you prefer sitting down to eat, Chili’s will give you free chips and salsa (or a free drink) every 60 days for as long as you have their app.
You’ll also get a free dessert for your birthday and other personalized rewards.
8. Wendy’s – While Wendy’s doesn’t directly give you free food by downloading their app, they do give you a buy one get one deal. You’ll also receive exclusive deals and savings.
9. BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse – With the BJ’s app, you won’t know your reward until you download the app. But at the very least, you know that you’ll also receive 20 percent off each order you make with the app.
10. Caribou Coffee – You’ll earn a free beverage after your first visit with the Caribou Coffee app. You’ll also receive points per dollar spent, a birthday treat, and first dibs on any new items the cafe releases.
11. Cinnabon – The free rewards change from time to time, but most recently by downloading the app you received a free Cinnabon Minibon Roll. You’ll also get free birthday rewards and other exclusive deals.
12. Red Lobster – With the Red Lobster app, you do have to earn enough points to get rewards, but the app provides you a head start by giving you 75 points when you first sign up.
You only need 125 points to receive a free food item.
13. TGIFriday’s – By downloading the TGI Friday’s app you’ll earn a free appetizer or dessert. You can also earn points for every dollar spent and gain access to more rewards.
14. Arby’s – Want a free sandwich? Then sign up for the Arby’s app and take advantage of the deal.
This makes Arby’s one of the best fast food apps you can use to score a free meal. You’ll also earn points with every purchase.
15. Chevys Fresh Mex – You receive a free appetizer with the purchase of two adult entrees just by signing up and using the Chevys Fresh Mex app.
16. Longhorn Steakhouse – You get a free $5 reward after your first visit by signing up for the Longhorn Steakhouse membership. You’ll also be able to redeem points for assorted items on their menu.
17. Olive Garden – Do you love their endless soup and salad offer? If so, Olive Garden is one of the best free food apps to download. Olive Garden also gives you a $5 reward after your first visit, sent straight to your phone or via email.
*Related: Do you like to use meal delivery services? Read our guide on the best meal delivery companies like HelloFresh to save money on meals delivered to your door.*
You’ll also earn points on everything you order and can redeem those points for adult entrees or kid’s meals.
18. Wingstop – Get a free order of fries just by signing up and joining the Wingstop club.
Looking for free stuff on your birthday? Wingstop offers free food on your birthday as well.
19. Zaxby’s – Zaxby’s offers an entire meal for free just by signing up on the app. Then, on your birthday, you’ll receive a free “nibbler”. This makes Zaxby’s one of the best apps that give free food.
20. Blimpie – You’ll have to purchase a sub and drink to take advantage of this app deal. However, with the purchase, you receive a free sub of your choice.
21. Einstein Bros Bagels – You’ll get a free bagel and schmear just for signing up. Also, you’ll receive a free egg sandwich on your birthday, and you can get points to redeem for more free food by ordering from the Einstein Bros Bagels or Caribou Coffee apps.
22. On The Border – Join Club Cantina and get an order of free queso just by becoming a member. You’ll also get “Cinco” deals on the fifth of every month, and free queso on your birthday and the anniversary of your app sign up.
23. Wetzel’s Pretzels – You can get a free pretzel when you download the app, plus another free pretzel after every six pretzels that you purchase.
Wetzel’s provides a free pretzel on your birthday and other exclusive rewards for as long as you have the app.
24. Baja Fresh – Taco Tuesday anyone? Download the Baja Fresh app and receive a free taco with any purchase.
25. Steak ‘n Shake – Get a free milkshake when you download the Steak ‘n Shake app. This is a deal that changes often, but you may be able to snag money off your purchase or free fries.
You can also order ahead, earn rewards for purchases, and pay right from the app.
Apps that Give Free Food for Your Birthday
While the following platforms typically don’t reward you with free food just for downloading them, they will give you free food for your birthday. They include:
- bd’s Mongolian Grill
- Dippin’ Dots
- Firehouse Subs
You can ask any major food chain if they have an app that offers free rewards or free birthday items. Remember to download the app at least a month ahead of time to be sure to snag the deal in time.
*Related: Want to order dinner in, but don’t want to spend a ton? Read our review of the top cheap food delivery apps to save money and stay out of the kitchen.*
Other Items to Note About Free Food Coupons
There are several things to keep in mind before trying to take advantage of free food offers. Here is a quick breakdown.
- Always read the fine print. Many apps will say that you need a specific code to receive your free item, or that you’ll need access to your email. Some even have a specific window for when you’re supposed to take advantage of your free gift. Read the fine print before signing up or trying to redeem your food.
- Don’t try to scam restaurants. Be courteous and respectful of the establishments you visit. If you’ve already taken advantage of the free food, don’t try to keep getting more by saying you never got it, or by making friends and family sign up to get the deals. Keep it fun and keep it classy.
- Use a different email address. You will start receiving a ton of offers from the places that you join. Don’t let them flood your inbox. Unsubscribe or filter these messages into a “spam/promotional” inbox instead.
Additionally, don’t overlook taking advantage of offers from food delivery apps to save money. Here are some of the top, currently available offers:
- DoorDash – $7 off an order of $10+
- Grubhub – $7 off an order of $12+ when you use the code “AFF7”
- Postmates – $100 delivery credit, for your first seven days, when you use the code “GETFOOD”
With a little effort, it’s possible to save money on meals.
Getting free food is fun, easy, and can help you keep some money in your pocket if you enjoy going out to eat. These apps can get you out of the habit of eating from the same restaurants and try out some new cuisine.
How do you save money on dining out? How much money do you spend each month eating out?