Free Food Apps: 25 Restaurants Giving Away Free Food
Some of the links in this post are from our sponsors. Read our disclosure to see how we make money.
I love getting free food. It’s even better when it’s not my birthday, not a holiday, and I can get it without jumping through a lot of hoops. Plus, I love going out to eat, but I don’t like to spend a fortune while at it. Instead, I use free food apps from restaurants to receive coupons and rewards.
You may not like fast food or quick-service restaurants, but they work in a pinch. Just because they’re fast, doesn’t mean they’re always affordable.
If you’re anything like me and like to save money eating out, our guide shares 25 of the best apps that give you free food.
Best Free Food Apps You Need to Download Today
All the apps on our list offer a free reward, or a discount by downloading their app. Some even allow for kids eat free nights to help increase savings.
Most of these free food coupon options require you provide an email address. It’s best to use a separate email address to prevent restaurants from filling your main inbox with offers.
Before looking for free food apps, look for food delivery apps that provide a promo on your first order. Below are several of the top offers currently available:
- DoorDash – $7 off an order of $10+
- Grubhub – $5 off an order of $10+ when you use the code “AFF5”
- Postmates – $100 delivery credit, for your first seven days, when you use the code “GETFOOD”
Here are our favorite apps that give free food.
1. Dairy Queen – While Dairy Queen doesn’t specify what you receive for free, they do provide a gift for downloading their app. In many instances, you can expect a free small Blizzard treat. You can also order ahead and earn reward points when using the app.
2. Panera – The MyPanera Rewards app gives free rewards to people who become Panera members. It works like the Dairy Queen app in that you won’t know what you qualify for until you sign up. However, you do earn a free treat both when you download the app and on your birthday.
3. Papa John’s – Love pizza? Get the chance to receive a free pizza by downloading the Papa John’s app. And, when you order $75 worth of pizza (doesn’t have to be at the same time), you automatically get $10 towards your next order.
4. Krispy Kreme – Download the More Smiles app for Krispy Kreme and you receive a free donut just for signing up. You’ll also get a free donut for your birthday. If your family loves donuts, this is one of the best food apps to use.
5. 7-Eleven – When you download the 7-Eleven app, you get a chance to choose your first free reward. From there, you can earn points on purchases and earn even more rewards. Plus, you always receive your seventh fountain drink for free.
*Related: Looking for places to buy stamps? Check out our guide on where to buy stamps near me to find the best places to buy postage stamps.*
6. Baskin-Robbins – You can get a free scoop of any flavor ice cream when you download the Baskin-Robbins app. You’ll also regularly earn points on purchases and receive discounts as a member.
7. Chili’s – If you prefer sitting down to eat, the Chili’s app will give you free chips and salsa (or a free drink) every 60 days for as long as you have the app. You’ll also get a free dessert for your birthday and other personalized rewards.
8. Wendy’s – While Wendy’s doesn’t directly give you free food by downloading their app, they do give you a buy one get one deal. You’ll also receive exclusive deals and savings.
9. BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse – With the BJ’s app, you won’t know your reward until you download the app. But at the very least, you know that you’ll also get 20 percent off each order you make when you have the app.
10. Caribou Coffee – You’ll earn a free beverage after your first visit with the Caribou Coffee app. You’ll also receive points per dollar spent, a birthday treat, and first dibs on any new items the cafe releases.
11. Cinnabon – The free rewards change from time to time, but most recently by downloading the app you received a free Cinnabon Minibon Roll. You’ll also get free birthday rewards and other exclusive deals.
12. Red Lobster – With the Red Lobster app, you do have to earn enough points to get rewards, but the app provides you a head start by giving you 75 points when you first sign up. You only need 125 points to receive a free food item.
13. TGIFriday’s – By downloading the TGI Friday’s app you’ll earn a free appetizer or dessert. You can also earn points for every dollar spent and gain access to more rewards.
14. Arby’s – Want a free sandwich? Then sign up for the Arby’s app and take advantage of the deal.
This makes Arby’s one of the best fast food apps you can use to score a free meal. You’ll also earn points with every purchase.
15. Chevys Fresh Mex – You receive a free appetizer with the purchase of two adult entrees just by signing up and using the Chevys Fresh Mex app.
16. Longhorn Steakhouse – You get a free $5 reward after your first visit by signing up for the Longhorn Steakhouse membership. You’ll also be able to redeem points for assorted items on their menu.
17. Olive Garden – Do you love their endless soup and salad offer? If so, Olive Garden is one of the best free food apps to download. Olive Garden also gives you a $5 reward after your first visit, sent straight to your app or via email. You’ll also earn points on everything you order and can redeem those points for adult entrees or kid’s meals.
19. Zaxby’s – Zaxby’s offers an entire meal for free just by signing up on the app. Then, on your birthday, you’ll receive a free “nibbler”. This makes Zaxby’s one of the best free food apps available.
20. Blimpie – You’ll have to purchase a sub and drink to take advantage of this app deal. However, with the purchase, you receive a free sub of your choice.
21. Einstein Bros Bagels – You’ll get a free bagel and schmear just for signing up. Also, you’ll get a free egg sandwich on your birthday, and you can get points to redeem for more free food by ordering from the Einstein Bros Bagels or Caribou Coffee apps.
22. On The Border – Join Club Cantina and get an order of free queso just by becoming a member. You’ll also get “Cinco” deals on the fifth of every month, and free queso on your birthday and the anniversary of your app sign up.
23. Wetzel’s Pretzels – You can get a free pretzel when you download the app, plus another free pretzel after every six pretzels that you purchase. Wetzel’s provides a free pretzel on your birthday and other exclusive rewards for as long as you have the app.
24. Baja Fresh – Taco Tuesday anyone? Download the Baja Fresh app and receive a free taco with any purchase.
25. Steak ‘n Shake – Get a free milkshake when you download the Steak ‘n Shake app. This is a deal that changes often, but you may be able to snag money off your purchase or free fries. You can also order ahead, earn rewards for purchases, and pay right from the app.
Apps that Give Free Food for Your Birthday
While the following apps typically don’t reward you with free food just for downloading them, they will give you free food for your birthday. These apps include:
- bd’s Mongolian Grill
- Dippin’ Dots
- Firehouse Subs
You can ask any major food chain if they have an app that offers free rewards or free birthday items. You never know, you may find some cool perks at your favorite restaurants.
To ensure you can take advantage of free food on your birthday, make sure to download the app at least a month ahead of time.
Some apps or businesses won’t let you redeem a coupon on your birthday if you didn’t sign up in enough time to receive the coupon/free item. Just don’t succumb to the temptation to spend money until you take advantage of the reward.
Other Items to Note About Free Food Coupons
Want to know how to get free food and be successful at it? There are several things to keep in mind before downloading apps and trying to get free offers. Here is a quick breakdown.
- Always read the fine print. Many free food apps will say that you need a specific code to receive your free item, or that you’ll need access to your email. Some even have a specific window for when you’re supposed to take advantage of your free gift. Read the fine print before signing up or trying to redeem your food.
- Don’t try to scam. Be courteous and respectful of the restaurants you visit. If you’ve already taken advantage of the free food, don’t try to keep getting more by saying you never got it, or by making friends and family sign up to get the deals. Keep it fun and keep it classy.
- Use a different email address. You will start receiving a ton of offers from the places that you join or download apps from. Don’t let them flood your inbox. Unsubscribe or filter these messages into a “spam/promotional” inbox instead.
Essentially, use common sense when trying to score savings.
Apps That Give You Free Food: Bottom Line
Getting free food is fun, easy, and can help you keep some money in your pocket if you enjoy going out to eat. These best free food apps can get you out of the habit of eating from the same restaurants and try out some new cuisine.
Whichever you decide to try, don’t forget to take advantage of what they have to offer.
What are some of your favorite free fast food apps? How do you save money on dining out? How much money do you spend each month eating out?
Latest posts by Kim Suazo (see all)
- 7 Best Places to Sell Old Cell Phones for Cash - November 11, 2019
- Working for Postmates Review: How Much Can You Make as A Driver? - November 4, 2019
- 9 Legit Ways to Get Discounted or Free Movie Tickets - November 4, 2019