#Tag, You’re it! Confessions from Frugal Rules
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more info.
I’ve seen a number of confessional-type posts around the interwebs the last few weeks and thought I’d join in on the fun. To be honest, I am not certain exactly where the original one started. I know that I read one from Johnny over at Johnny Moneyseed as well as Macknenzie over at The Random Path. If I missed someone, please let me know and I’ll link up to you as blog posts sometimes run together in my mind. So, in an effort to get to know you a little better as well as to open myself up to criticism or ridicule here it goes…
1. I absolutely love to do the dishes and clean the bathroom. My Mom (Hi Mom!) always made me do these things when I was growing up and I loathed it. Fast forward way too many years later and I love doing them. I find that it helps me clear my mind and relax all at the same time. Besides, some of my best blog post ideas come to me while I’m washing dishes.
2. I have seen every episode of Seinfeld at least twice. I think I can relate almost anything in life to Seinfeld and can pretty much quote it without thinking.
3. What’s the point of the miniature dachshund? My wife had two when we first got married. I love dogs, but miniature dachshunds are, without a doubt, (in my opinion at least) THE most pointless of dogs known to man.
4. I can do a perfect impersonation of Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler. Thankfully, without all the years of illicit drug use that he has.
5. I stood only mere feet between a Momma Grizzly and her cub during my summer in Alaska after I graduated college. Let’s just say I am happy to have made it out of that jam!
6. I had an unhealthy liking of “professional” wrestling all growing up and even early on in to our marriage. Thankfully Mrs. Frugal Rules broke me of that ridiculousness.
7. I was extremely close to becoming fully fluent in German. I took it for nine years in school and have been there twice. It still bugs me that I did not become fully fluent as it could of opened up a variety of things for me. I do still dream in German from time to time though.
8. I have a very sarcastic and dry humor. It can tend to be a bit much for Mrs. Frugal Rules as she wonders if I am joking or being honest half the time. Unfortunately, as she would say, it looks as if I may be passing it on to our little ones.
9. One of the less advertised realities of self-employment: The kitchen table is my desk
10. I notice, and yes it bothers me, when the tags are facing out on my bathroom towels…just a little OCD I know.
11. Peeps…oh Peeps. I was deathly afraid of them as a wee three year-old boy. I am told it had something to do with their beady little eyes. My Mom still sends me a box of Peeps every year at Easter time. I have passed on my affection of microwaving the Peeps to our little ones. On a side note, some good friends of mine caught wind of this my last year in college. I was gone at a campus meeting one night and they “Peeped” my dorm room. They had stuffed hundreds, yes hundreds of Peeps into every crevice they could find. I was stumbling upon those blasted things for months!
So, you’re it. What are some of your confessions?
Photo courtesy of: Nicole Schmoll
Latest posts by John Schmoll (see all)
- How You Can Save Money on Homeowners Insurance With Progressive - August 17, 2017
- How to Invest in Stocks When You Do Not Know Where to Start - August 17, 2017
- How to Start Investing with $1,000 or Less - August 17, 2017