Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more info.
Happy Friday friends! Do you ever have one of those weeks where it seems like you can never get your head above water? Well, that has been us this week. We have client work coming out of our ears, good problem I know, but it has led to little sleep this week. That’s also not to mention the fact that if I hear “Let it Go” (the song from Frozen) one more time I might just let it go and by that ‘it’ I mean my sanity. Ah, the joys of little kids. 🙂
Anyway, it occurred to me that I had nothing in the well for today. I read a fun post recently by Shannon over at Financially Blonde where she shared fun facts about herself and thought I’d do something fun like that today. I did something similar along those lines about 16-17 months ago, but Frugal Rules had like three readers back then, and one of them was my Mom, so I figured why not. So, if you were itching to know something juicy, odd, crazy, etc. about me then today’s your day!
1. I have an abnormally large head. I kid you not, to quote So, I Married an Axe Murderer, “it’s like an orange on a toothpick.” Friends and family like to poke fun at me for it and justifiably so I guess. In college, I had friends take me out for my birthday to a Mexican restaurant. The servers all came to sing Happy Birthday to me and put a sombrero on my head. It just sat there atop my head, not at all fitting, while everyone other than me enjoyed a good, hearty laugh.
2. If you’re looking for someone to play Steven Tyler, the frontman of Aerosmith, at your next party then I’m your guy. I’ve been known to do a mean Steven Tyler impersonation in my day and the scary thing is that it I’m stone cold sober while doing it.
3. I’m deathly afraid of heights. I don’t know what it is, but I always have been. I’m not afraid to admit it, but if I have to get any more than six inches off the ground I turn into a big baby.
4. I wear purple nearly every day. Why purple? I got my undergrad at Kansas State University and live in Nebraska. Anyone who knows anything about Nebraska knows they all love their Nebraska football here. I refuse to be overcome by the kool-aid, so I gladly wear my purple every day.
5. My favorite music is Metallica. For some weird reason, whenever I have writer’s block all I need to do is play some of their music and the words start flowing. Crazy, I know, but with the amount of writing I do it’s a godsend.
6. My favorite drink is anything that includes Vodka. I’ve really started to enjoy brewing my own beer…I know, I’m sounding a bit on the alcoholic side here…but if I have to choose a drink then it’s going to be something that includes Vodka.
7. One of my favorite things to do in college was country dancing. Those who know me now find it hard to believe, but I did. No line dancing for me, but I loved country swing and two-step. What can I say, it was a great way to meet girls. 😉
8. My lovely wife of nearly 13 years comes from the great state of California. When I was single, I for some reason “told God” I would never marry anyone from California. Why I wished that, I don’t know but the moment I met my wife I knew I’d be eating those words. Cheesy I know. 😉
9. If I could live in one place it would most definitely be Germany. I’ve been there twice and absolutely love it. It’s beautiful and so full of history. A close second is a tie between Ireland and St. Lucia, but I’ve got to stay true to my German roots.
10. As I wrote recently, I’m currently working on getting in better shape. Due to that, a lot of what I used to eat has been cut completely from my eating habits. That said, I think I would literally kill someone right now to get my hands on a slice of deep dish pizza with Italian Sausage. But, alas, I’ve got better goals in mind.
I know it has nothing to do with money, but hey, life isn’t all about money – is it?! 🙂 If you’re looking for some more serious reading, check out some of my favorite reads from the past few weeks:
Have You Conducted a Productivity Audit on Cashville Skyline
All We Have is Time on Club Thrifty
Preventing Impulse Buys With a Waiting Period: Does it Work? on Enemy of Debt
10 Clues that Reveal it’s Time to Change Your Job on Luke 1428
Oh, and if you haven’t had the chance yet, make sure to submit your site to the Modest Money Top Finance Blog list. Not naming names, but Jeremy actually updates the list on a regular basis and he’s done a really good job with it.
Ok, now that I’ve spilled the beans on some things you didn’t know about me it’s your turn. What is something most people don’t know about you? Extra credit is given for more embarrassing things. 😉 Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend?
Aerosmith photo courtesy of Mauge. Others courtesy of Nicole S.
Latest posts by John Schmoll (see all)
- Ready to Pay off Your Debt for Good? Here’s What to Do Next - September 18, 2017
- 5 Things I’ve Learned About Money in 5 Years of Blogging - September 11, 2017
- Betterment Review: Get 12 Up to Months Commission Free! - August 30, 2017