Thanksgiving Eagle, You Mean They Did Not Eat Turkey?
With tomorrow being Thanksgiving, I thought I’d go light on the text and heavy on the picture with an infographic. I always assumed that some of the things we celebrate at Thanksgiving were things that have been altered or revised over the years. I know some people don’t like turkey, some in my family don’t. How do you think they’d react (being endangered and American mascot aside) to being served eagle for Thanksgiving? In fact, some say that turkey was not even served the first year. I also can’t imagine it lasting for three days. We get enough of the food as it is, but can you imagine three days of feasting? Finally, while much has changed regarding the holiday over the years, I find it amusing that the Detroit Lions have always been, and still are hapless (no offense to Lions fans). I hope that everyone has a safe and satisfying Thanksgiving.
- What Kind of Thanksgiving Eater Are You?
- Is Black Friday Really Dead?
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving!!
- How Many Miles of Toilet Paper Do You Use Every Year?
Latest posts by John Schmoll (see all)
- Emotions and Investing Don’t Mix - August 25, 2014
- 6 Tips To Get the Best Price When Selling Your House - August 22, 2014
- Do Self-Employment and Budgeting Mix? - August 20, 2014