If You’re Starting Your Week in a Cubicle – I’m Sorry
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more info.
I am sorry if the title offends you; Just chalk it up to my dry sense of humor. I’ve spent more than my fair share of years in cubicle land and have learned over those years that a cubicle is one of the worst things to wish on a person. Simply put, people weren’t meant to be put in cubes. Now I know that might be the most efficient of ways to have people work, it’s just not for me.
Ok, now that that is off my chest, I just had to laugh when I saw this infographic a few weeks ago as I could relate to so many things in it. Maybe it’s because I would try and find fun ways to make the day go by, but I saw many of these things myself plus more. Here are some of the things that stood out to me with the graphic:
- Why on earth are you told to think outside the box, when you’re actually in one all blasted day?
- When was the last time the carpet was changed? There is more life in it than there is vitality in my cube neighbor.
- Whoever thought up fabric cubicle walls? Not only does it not offer any protection, but how on earth can you hang anything on it?
- Who has ever had someone pop their head up and say they couldn’t hear you when you were talking to yourself?
- For the love of Pete…who thought up having so many power cords and only one freaking outlet?
I know it doesn’t really have anything to do with personal finance, but who is to say we can’t have a little fun every once in a while? ;-)Seriously though, it was my days in a cubicle that encouraged me to explore whether or not there was something better out there for me and finally take the plunge into running my own business. True, it’s not for everyone, but I think I’ve been spoiled for my cubicle dwelling days.
What could you relate to in the infographic? Have you ever tried to hang a hammock in your cubicle?