How Many Miles of Toilet Paper Do You Use Every Year?
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more info.
I know, that’s not a headline you think you’d see on a personal finance blog, but I like to keep my readers on their toes. 🙂 That said, if you believe this infographic, we spend on average three years of our life in the bathroom, so it applies to all of us – right?! You can probably blame the selection on this infographic on the fact that both my wife and I have spent a lot of time in the bathroom the last few years as we’ve been in the throws of potty training the little Frugal Rules’ and you’d be amazed at how much of life can relate to all things toilet paper and potty training – heck I even wrote a post on it last year – How Budgeting is Like Potty Training. If you don’t believe me, then ask pretty much any parent of little ones and they’ll tell you that what goes on in the bathroom doesn’t necessarily stay in the bathroom. In fact, it can often have a funny correlation with many things in life.
There are a number of things that stood out to me with this infographic, mainly:
- The majority of people prefer their toilet paper to go over and not under
- 1 of 5 people get annoyed when it’s facing the “wrong” way…glad I am not the only OCD person out there 😉
- 70% of houseguests snoop through the cabinets
- Americans use 433 million miles of toilet paper each year
- 85% of bathroom related injuries occur because someone has fallen in the toilet after the seat being left up…now that’s something I think I’d keep to myself
Ok, I turn it over to you now…what stood out to you with this infographic? Am I the only OCD one out there?
Latest posts by John Schmoll (see all)
- 13 Best Ways to Invest $100 or Less - April 24, 2017
- Why You’re Wrecking Your Budget, And How To Fix It - April 22, 2017
- Great Last Minute Mother’s Day Gifts That Will Make Mom Happy - April 21, 2017