Hi There, What Can You Tell Me About Yourself?
I was inspired by Catherine over at Plunged in Debt who shared a few random facts about herself to help fellow bloggers get to know each other a little better. In the same spirit of transparency, and not without a little levity, I’ve decided to share a little bit about myself. The above picture, by the way, is of our renowned zoo. Here it goes in no particular order:
1. My family and I live in good ole Omaha, Nebraska. Home to the most restaurants, golf courses, and millionaires per capita. (Not to mention the home of the Oracle of Omaha…Warren Buffett.)
2. I absolutely LOVE to travel. I have been to Europe three times (with Ireland and Germany duking it out for my favorite destination), South America as well as various spots in the Caribbean. My personal goal is to make it to all seven continents with the highlight being Antarctica.
3. I have lived in seven states: Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, California, and Alaska. I have visited 42 of the 50 States.
4. My wife, Nicole, and I met in Florida, dated long distance for four months, and married soon after. I popped the question on Christmas Eve night. Call me a softy…I am a romantic at heart.
5. If there was one food that I could get rid of for all of time it would be the Lima Bean. I absolutely abhor them and would never consume or serve them.
6. My wife and I have four beautiful children. We lost our first son, Isaac, shortly after he was born and it was the toughest thing (putting it VERY lightly) I’ve ever experienced in my life.
7. I love giving nicknames (always nice ones) to close friends and family. It’s even better when those nicknames take on a life of their own. Perfect example is my 24 year old brother who is now known to many, including quite a few that I’ve never met, as Buttercup. To know him, he’s all man but one day I pulled Buttercup out of thin air and it went viral. He even gets first class mail referring to him as Buttercup.
8. I can always tell what celebrity voice is being used in a commercial. I am not just talking about the easy ones like James Earl Jones or Alec Baldwin, but anyone.
9. I dress for 80 degree weather every day because I can’t stand to be hot. I am usually in shorts and sandals…even when I shovel snow. It drives my wife nuts and always embarrasses her.
10. My wife calls me the Human Calculator. I can do pretty much any math problem in my head without much effort. I know, I know…it makes me a bit of a nerd, but it can be quite helpful at times.
Ok, that’s enough about me. What’s one random fact about yourself that you’d like to share in the spirit of getting to know each other a little better?
Photo Courtesy of: Michael Miller