How Does Your Family Spend Money?
Happy Monday everyone! As today is my birthday I really did not want to bore everyone with verbose prose on some sort of personal finance topic. So, what better way to communicate than through an infographic? A lot has been said about the middle class and where they stand (how they spend money), especially in light of the economic headwinds we’ve faced over the last five years. I like this infographic because it shows how the “average” middle class American family spends its money. Although I was not surprised by the following statistics, they did grab my attention:
- Only 3.2% of income is saved for retirement
- The middle class has shrunk by 11% since 1970
- The savings rate is abysmally low at 3.5%
- Student loan debt continues to increase
What are your thoughts? Did anything stick out to you, or was it of no surprise? How does your family spend money?
Latest posts by John Schmoll (see all)
- How to Start Investing in the Stock Market: The Ultimate Guide - October 24, 2016
- Betterment vs Wealthfront: Which Robo-Advisor is Better? - October 19, 2016
- Could You Pass A Personal Finance Stress Test? - October 17, 2016